Make Your Home A Safety Zone Grant
Applications are now open!
Our homes are where injuries most commonly happen, and children under five years of age are particularly more at risk.
Safekids Aotearoa, Starship Foundation and ACC are inviting injury prevention workers, community action groups and health service providers to deliver home safety activities by applying for Make Your Home A Safety Zone grants.
Child injuries in the home
children are killed each year, and 231 are hospitalised every month.
of all injuries to under fives happen IN THE HOME.
of these injuries are linked to structural issues in the home.
If you are an organisation or service who currently works with families and whanau or have the capacity to include this as a part of your current work, you are invited to apply!
Make sure you read the Grant Application Guidelines. Download it here.
How and when to apply
- Fill in the online application on this page.
- Applications open on 19 September 2017 and close on 27 October 2017.
- Announcement of the successful applications: 8 November 2017.
Evaluation and reporting
Selected projects will be asked to complete a Programme Outcomes Assessment Survey and quarterly reports.
- Grants for home safety education activities or home visits for parenting groups, whanau and tamariki; and
- Grants for home safety education activities that include the distribution and installation of free safety devices provided by Safekids.
Online Grant Application Form
For more information:
Contact Alessandra Françoia, DDI 09 6234675, firstname.lastname@example.org