Children are vulnerable consumers
Children are vulnerable consumers and are potentially at risk of harm and injury from a wide variety of products.
To support child safety and injury prevention, it is important to increase community and family awareness of the range of measures including product safety standards, and regulatory courses of action that support product safety in New Zealand.
The page provides information about key stakeholders and systems in place to support product safety in New Zealand.
View Product Safety Resources
Click the link above to order or download resources (i.e. posters, flyers, infographics) relating to this injury issue.
- Ensure products meet an approved safety standard
- Follow guidelines provided with products in relation to their assembly, maintenance and use
- Ensure products are used in a safe manner and are stored appropriately
- Child proof your home and regularly inspect equipment for broken or small parts
- Report any product safety concerns to the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) and also to the supplier or manufacturer
- Supervise children when playing.
Advocacy & Research
For more information, search our Information Service and Links pages.
Visit the following websites for safety messages and more product safety information
View Product Safety Videos