The Safekids Action Model
Safekids Aotearoa uses the Spectrum of Prevention to develop, implement and evaluate its child injury-prevention work. Under the Spectrum of Prevention model, Safekids Aotearoa:
- Builds a solid base of information about unintentional childhood injuries and how it can be prevented.
- Advocates for the development of safer environments, policies and practices that contribute to a reduction in child injury.
- Promotes child-safe organisational practices.
- Educates those in the education, health and community injury prevention
- Works to increase media and community awareness about child injury and its prevention.
- Builds partnerships, coalitions and networks to undertake collaborative action on child injury-prevention work.
- Provides a professional child injury information service
For more information about the Spectrum of Prevention model, email email@example.com.